Sunday, April 15, 2007

Dirt, Dress and Dinner

Three reasons I love my coworkers:

(1) I'm not the only person who keeps a container of vegetable food scraps on my kitchen counter. It bears a close resemblance to what I once called garbage. Some members of my family find the smell earthy and pleasant, while others find it, well, stinky.


(2) I'm not the only person who doesn't eat
meat.

(3) I'm not the only person who buys her
clothes at Kiwanis, the PTO Thrift Shop, and the Salvation Army.

Nevertheless, if everyone lived as I do, we would need
4.1 earths, mostly because I live in a big house, drive to work, and occasionally travel by air.

3 comments:

Ericka Bigelow said...

Karen,
Since our conversation last week about the amount of garbage you put out on trash day, I've made an effort to cut back. AND sure enough we only had one bag to put out this week. It was not small, but that's a start for us.

Thanks for the inspiration.

SteveR said...

6.2 earths here. Must be the Wendy's hamburgers I eat every Monday.

You missed one source of clothing though - St. Vincent de Paul. Growing up our son thought that was a Department Store. Some really good quality things there.

Monica the Garden Faerie said...

3) Also check out Value World either on Maple Rd. in Ann Arbor or MI Ave. in Ypsi. I've gotten some great delas on work clothes there!