Sunday, July 22, 2007

The Haircut

My father offered my nephew, Joe (7), and my son, Sam (9), $100 to cut their hair. Joe's hair was below his shoulders, dark and curly. Sam's hair is also below the shoulders, fluffy and blond. Both had hair in their eyes most of the time.

The money would be given in any form: five twenties, 400 quarters, 100 1's. Each time they got a trim, they would receive an additional $20.

Joe, who has been fascinated with currency since toddlerhood, accepted. He chose a crisp new $100 bill. After all, hair grows back.

Sam declined. He said that he has everything he wants, and besides, he doesn't mind being mistaken for a girl. David Beckham wears his hair long, with Alice bands.

What would you do?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would get 5 trims!!

734elizabeths said...

I guess I would have taken the money, too, but like Joe I would have had mixed feelings about it. Come to think of it, I HAVE taken the money - Mom paid me to shave my legs just once when I was in college. And, as you say, hair grows back.

Karen Sikkenga said...

Hey! Mom never offered me any money to shave my legs!

Anonymous said...

Hi!

You bet

Anonymous said...

[that's an oops for the last, truncated, comment]

You bet what my answer would be!

Saliel